A study was conducted to determine whether radiological and chemical contaminants are present on the properties north of Santa Susana Field Laboratory (SSFL). Phase I field work was conducted in 1992 and documented in 1993. Phase II field work was conducted in 1994 and documented in 1995.
Following completion of the sampling, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) determined that radionuclides on the Brandies-Bardin property do not pose a threat to human health and the environment.
The following reports provide more detail about the sampling effort.
Phase I Reports (1992)
- Multi-Media Sampling Report Volume 1 (18 MB)
- Multi-Media Sampling Report Volume 2 (10 MB)
- Multi-Media Sampling Report Ravine Analytical Data (7 MB)
- Santa Monica Mountains Mountain Conservancy Analytical Data (4 MB)
- Brandeis-Bardin Human Activity Area Analytical Data (17 MB)
- Quality Assurance / Quality Control Data (10 MB)
Phase II Reports (1994)
Periodically, questions are raised related to the trace levels of plutonium-238 measured on Brandeis property during the 1992 sampling. The presence of Pu-238 was not confirmed by more extensive sampling at the same location during 1994. That portion of Brandeis-Bardin was purchased by Rockwell International in 1995. Further detail is presented in .....